The Mason County Education Association (MCEA) is dedicated to developing excellent schools in Mason County, WV. We believe that when teachers, support personnel, administrators, and parents work together, our students will benefit. We want to see our students get every opportunity to succeed in today's world with basic skills, enrichment, technology, early education, strong arts and athletics programs. MCEA is associated with the WVEA and the NEA and has been active in Mason County for more than 100 years. MCEA members include administrators, teachers, bus drivers, aides, secretaries, student teachers, school nurses, maintenance workers, and custodians. Contact MCEA officers for membership information or visit WVEA.org.
- A rally is planned for Saturday February 10 at noon at The Meeting House with politicians speaking. A march is planned to begin at 2 pm at the courthouse downtown. Please come with your signs, wear read or purple or blue in support of all state employees.
- Watch the Mason County Education Association facebook page for event announcements, weekly meetings, and upcoming rallies.
- A lot of action is occurring with the Legislature and Public Employees. Keep abreast of the latest news via the WVEA.org page, the Legislative Update, and the Mason County Education Association Facebook page. Keep in mind that everything you read online isn't always accurate. Contact your building representative with any concerns or questions.
- Dwayne Russell, music teacher at Beale, took over as our new president this year! Thank you Dwayne!
- Please update your contact information with WVEA at this address: http://www.wvea.org/content/update-membership-info We suggest you update your work location and add a HOME email address, not your work email address.
- Our facebook page has been opened to the public. It is our hope to get more news out using this page. If you wish to join the page, you will still have to be approved. Please use appropriate posting etiquette when posting online.